Author: Peter & Kate Damian
Aromatic oils have been used for thousands of years not only for their fragrance but for culinary, therapeutic, ritual, and spiritual purposes. More than a fashionable trend, aromatherapy is coming into its own as a body of knowledge and practice with specific applications that have a solid scientific base.
• How scent interacts with emotion, memory, mental acuity, and sleep
• Why specific scents are so effective in therapeutic and ritual settings
• Antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of essential oils
- How men and women differ in their responses to odors
• Provides a thorough exposition of the ancient practice of aromatics in China, India, Persia, and Egypt
• Details our modern scientific understanding of the physiology and psychology of scent.
• Includes annotated profiles for forty-four essential oils and specific instructions for creating essential oil blends.